So, I mentioned previously that I am going to launch a new blog based around crafting and gifts. In fact it’s one of my New Year resolutions. Well, I have at last created it, and I call it…The Paper Acre!
As my interest and passion for paper crafting has gradually increased over the years, I came to the point of wanting to have a place to talk about it and share my passion, just as I wanted for my writing when I created Merely Inspired. I’ve really come to love and enjoy blogging, and so I wanted to reach out further to different crowds.
The Paper Acre is basically a craft blog where I’ll share my ideas and inspiration on crafting and gift making, as well as parties and events. Also I am hoping to, in the near future, possibly open an Etsy shop and start selling my personal handmade crafts. I’ll take care of that when the time is ripe.
For now, feel free to click on the link above and come on by to The Paper Acre and check it out! Obviously there won’t be much up since it’s brand new, but you’ll see it grow as time goes on. God bless!
February is here, and Valentine’s Day is coming. I LOVE to make my gifts, mainly because it’s just too expensive for me for buy gifts, and also I just really enjoy crafting. Not only do my friends and family like them better, but I love the delightful feeling that it gives me. Are you wanting to make some Valentines this year, instead of buying the generic chocolates and flowers and cards? Here’s some ideas you can try. You’ll have fun, trust me 🙂
- You can give candy in a unique way instead of heart boxes. Line the inside of a small mason jar with festive paper and fill it with your Valentine’s favorite candy. Or you could fill it with packets of their favorite coffee or cocoa mix. Leave a sweet message on a tag tied around the lid.
- Do you know your friends’ celebrity crushes/obsessions? Print up a picture of the famous person and paste it to festive paper with a special valentine message from their secret Valentine 😉
- Get some inexpensive mini notebooks and fill the pages with quotes about love in your best handwriting
- Paint and decorate a small ceramic plate and gift with a cookie or muffin wrapped in plastic wrap, tying it at the top with a note
- Instead of candy, make a gift bag of healthy snacks, like fruit, wholegrain crackers, and Emergen-C packets, with the message: “I love you so much, I want you to be healthy.”
- Fill small baggies with a spice, attach some recipes they can use the spice in, and send the message: “You spice up my life, Valentine”
Feel free to try some out this year. Your friends and family will love the personal touch.
I love crafting. There’s something about making an object of artistic beauty and memory that puts a sparkle in my eye. I believe there is something emotional and scientific about the process of creating something pleasurable. It satisfies the humanistic desire of accomplishment and finality. Do you like to craft? Try these ideas out:
- Handmade journal. ENTIRELY handmade, using cardboard, paper, and twine (or different connecting material)
- party poppers. It’s fun to play the game with friends at parties
- a mosaic. Take sticky gems and arrange them in a design on a piece of tile, or even fabric, and frame it.
- If you’re a nerd like me, do something with your favorite books/movies/video games/etc. For me, I would take favorite quotes from Narnia and Lord of the Rings (i’m a MAJOR fangirl) and print them up in pretty coordinating font and make a scrapbook of it, along with pictures of movie screenshots or book illustrations. Look through it everyday to put a smile on your face 🙂
- Paint a plain mug and enjoy your coffee with personality