There are a good number of good things that have a positive influence on my life, but there are five particular influences that have a profound effect on me. Not all are people, because even things can profoundly affect you.
- My best friend Jasmine. She is the one person in my life who knows the most about me. I’m not only blessed to have her in my life but also relieved. We both have our troubles and we’re both not afraid to share them with each other, and that makes our relationship so real. She reminds me of who I am, and I always feel a boost.
- My brother Stephen. With such a beautiful creative mind like his, ideas and inspiration is endless when I’m with him. Just chatting motivates me to go and create something.
- Volunteering at church. Besides the work experience I gain, it’s provided other things I tend to need: things to do, a chance to get out of the house, a productive satisfaction, and comfort.
- Back pain (believe it or not). You’re probably wondering, “Huh? How?” Having something to battle and win over each day is like strength training. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.
- Whisper of the Heart, by Hayao Miyazaki. My favorite movie. I could quote this film in my sleep. Whenever I need an artistic boost, I simply pop this in, and inspiration magically returns.
What are some people or things in your life that have a profound positive influence on you?