More often than not, I need a distraction from woes and troubles that attempt to discourage me everyday. Sometimes these can be the only thing that keeps me going, depending on the kind of day.
- Books! Honestly, what better educational distraction exists? I not only escape the world for a while, but I feel smarter, too.
- Volunteering at church. It’s been about four years now since I started volunteering in the media department, and I’ve really developed in skills. I’ve come to be quite a regular around church, doing almost anything and everything. And I love it. Besides giving me something to do, it boosts me up. Big time.
- Spending time with a friend who knows everything about me. My best friend knows more about me than any other person in my life, and she’s just the individual I can go to when I need to rant about something I cannot talk about with anyone else.
- Writing! Can there be a better distraction? And considering how amazing it makes me feel, I wonder why I don’t write even more that I do now.
- Miyazaki films. Especially my favorite movie, Whisper of the Heart. When I particularly need an artistic boost, I’ll watch my guilty pleasure movies ^_^
What are some healthy (healthy!) distractions you indulge in?