Perhaps it’s been noticed that I’ve been a little…disconnected. Partly my fault. My one yet frustrating class has ended, textbooks have been returned, and summer classes have been registered. I can forget about school for a little while. Summer has begun, and that means change is in the air. A few things have been occurring, good and wonderful enough things.
- I am finished with my internship at 3 or Less. I feel like making it ceremonial and taking a deep freeing breath when I walk out. It was a fun and educational experience that I don’t regret, as it taught me many valuable things. I’m just very eager to move on and expand myself.
- I’m starting a virtual internship with NCM Publishing as an Editing intern. I’ll be editing manuscripts! This is one of the things I discovered recently: I love to edit writing. I’m very good at it too, so why not? I’m excited to learn editing and become more professional with it.
- I’m getting involved with the youth at my church. With my brother as the youth pastor I became more and more interested in being a part of something like it. I realized that some of my gifts and passions could be used and explored with this. Now that the scare has passed, I think I’m rather eager to grow my leadership skills. The growing and learning part is one of the things I feel most excited about, in fact.
- I applied for a job at a new cafe opening nearby, and I will be pursuing after it. I don’t why, but ever since I first found it on snagajob.com I kept going back to it; it fascinated me. Perhaps it’s a spirit thing that makes me want to try it out. That’s what I’m doing it for, to try it out. I want to try something new, put myself outside of the box, in the unordinary. I don’t know. All I know is recently I’ve had a sudden urge to just explore new things.
- I am a hooked Whovian. I just watched the infamous Doomsday episode and, yes, I cried. Not too hard, because I had to leave in about twenty minutes, and it wouldn’t do to show up anywhere blubbering like a silly fangirl. I never thought I’d get attached to Rose as much as I did, but it was inevitable. Yes, I am officially hooked on Doctor Who.
I’m sure more change is to happen. When 2014 started I had the feeling that it would be a year of difference and new things, and that feeling has not wavered. I’m ready.