It’s Thanksgiving, and so it’s only fitting to share just a few things I’m thankful for.
- It’s been exactly a year since I broke my back. After such an injury, I am thankful beyond belief that I still have the ability to walk and run and dance. Not everyone who has suffered a similar injury were as fortunate as me. I recently did a dance at my church and that is a big deal for me, as dancing was the main thing I didn’t want to lose. I am grateful that I had such an experience to teach me a lot of important lessons and even open some doors (like starting this blog).
- I am thankful for books! It’s true. Life would not be as amazing without them. And, of course, I’m thankful for the talented people who write these books.
- I’m thankful for having certain people in my life that make it worthwhile, like my best friend. I am so very thankful for her especially. I can tell her anything and everything and trust her with my whole heart.
- I am thankful for you! Without my readers, there would be no point to Merely Inspired. And I’m thankful for the inspiration you give back to me.
- I’m thankful for God’s love. This is something that is easily forgotten, as we can seamlessly get swept up in depending on ourselves and thinking all the great things happening in life is our hard work. Sure, our hard work has a role, but we would have nothing without Him. The best part is, even when I do forget to be thankful for his love, he never stops loving.
Have a very wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving this year!